Through an extensive Community Needs Assessment and community input, the area's proposed community plan fosters the system enhancements necessary for improving the well-being of all children ages zero to five in our area.
As part of this process, our goals include:
· Empowering new and expectant parents through a parent support/education/home visitation program
· Improving accessible and quality child care and preschool for all families with young children
· Enriching the network of community health services to guarantee children a healthy start
Through research, local experts' input and community members, well-being opportunities emerged in the categories of: Healthy Children, Secure and Nurturing Child Care Environments, Secure and Nurturing Family Environment, Children Ready to Succeed in School, and Safe and Supportive Community.
During the past year, the local board identified five key priorities for area children's well-being. The following priorities/indicators are listed in no order of preference. They are:
· Childhood Immunizations
· Childhood Obesity
· Quality Preschool/Childcare
· Child Abuse 0-5
· Child Preventative Dental Services